7/13/2004
 
Anyway, enough of me talking about me - why don’t you talk about me?

What do you do when you feel a little confused about the men in your life? Ask them to complete a Enneagram Compatibility Test, of course.

It all started when I mentioned to Luke that I’d like to do an interview with him for the second issue of The Gaze. Of course, it was partly a ruse to make myself seem cool (have own magazine, however miniscule), a way to create some us time - but also because I thought it’d be a genuinely interesting interview – he’s an up and coming young actor and singer after all. Before I went away to Barcelona I contacted him to ask if he was still interested and although he said yes, I wasn’t sure if he was just humouring me. Yesterday he text me to ask when we were going to do “that interview.”

Well, today.

I wanted it to be a little quirky and wondered how much I could let my crush / relationship with Luke inform the interview. Part of me wanted to take my Dictaphone and ask some inappropriate questions, but I reasoned that this was too much of an emotional ambush. The theme of the second magazine is – loosely – relationships, so I thought I’d try and explore our interesting history in a way that wouldn’t leave Luke feeling hectored.

There was also the danger that the interview would be so up my arse (so to speak) that it would only be interesting for me to read. Oh well, I’m the Editor / Head Writer / Distributor. May as well get one perk out of it…

We both took the Compatibility Test over a pub lunch in the Shakespeare round the corner from where I work. In the test you have to rank your own response and how you think the other person ranks. The test was for our friendship and “possible relationship”.
The Enneagram is a nine factor personality system that is sort of a historical mutt, many different influences. The nine factors are - orderliness, helpfulness, image focus, hypersensitivity, detachment, caution, adventurousness, strength, and calmness.
Here are the results of the test that I completed.

Enneagram Compatibility Test
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
|||||||||||| 46%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
|||||||||||||| 58%
Type 3 Ambition |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
|||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||||||||| 46%
|||||||||| 38%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
|||||| 26%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 42%
|||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
|||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 8 Hostility |||||||||||||||| 66%
|||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%
|||||||||||||||||| 62%
scale key - you |||||| them ||||||
Your type - 3, Their type - 8
Your overall similarity is 82%.
Your overall complementarity is 74%.
Take Free Enneagram Compatibility Test


As you can see my greatest motivation is:
I must be impressive and attractive to get what I want.
In my opinion, Luke’s is:
I must be strong and in control to get what I want.

Here are the results of the test that Luke completed.

Enneagram Compatibility Test
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 26%
|||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
|||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Ambition |||||||||||||||||| 78%
|||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||| 26%
|||||||||||| 42%
Type 5 Detachment || 10%
|||||| 30%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 58%
|||||||||||| 46%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
|||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 8 Hostility |||||||||||| 42%
|||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 70%
|||||||||||||||| 26%
scale key - you |||||| them ||||||
Your type - 3, Their type - 1
Your overall similarity is 64%.
Your overall complementarity is 74%.
Take Free Enneagram Compatibility Test


Luke feel’s his greatest motivation is:
I must be impressive and attractive to get what I want.
And he believes mine to be:
I must be perfect and good to get what I want.

It was actually very enlightening. I few things he felt about me surprised me. Interesting that our complementarity is, well, complimentary.

As to how we got on besides the test? Lunch was fun, we’re good friends but I don’t think we’ll ever be anything more to each other. That ship has sailed. Strangely I don’t feel upset - at least we still have 74% compatibility. And that’s a lot more than most people.
 

Yeah, yeah, email me

ARCHIVES
09/2003 / 10/2003 / 11/2003 / 12/2003 / 01/2004 / 02/2004 / 03/2004 / 04/2004 / 05/2004 / 06/2004 / 07/2004 / 08/2004 / 09/2004 / 10/2004 / 11/2004 / 12/2004 / 01/2005 / 02/2005 / 03/2005 / 04/2005 / 05/2005 / 06/2005 / 07/2005 / 08/2005 / 09/2005 / 10/2005 / 11/2005 / 12/2005 / 01/2006 /


sites what I write on:
londonist

sites what I wrote on:
über: I haven't been completely honest
somewhat.org: on the up

blogs:

christopher
elizabeth

boys:

tlc
homorobotic
sex, lies & videotape
diamond geezer
vivid blurry
raw youth
secret simon
learn swedish
the rob log
why god why
a beautiful revolution

girls:

dooce
afrochic
belle de jour
pound
jems web
lindsayism

pulse:

timmy ray
link bunnies
link machine go

fantastic blogs:

a light fantastic
a chair fantastic
a rug fantastic
a kitchen fantastic
a bed fantastic
a clock fantastic

tools:

life hacker
i hate work
hi-gloss film production



Powered by Blogger
Listed on Blogwise

Listed on BlogShares
Subscribe to my feed

« #Veggie Blogs?»

«#Blogging Brits?»