Belle’s not wrong – it’s hot, ladies and gentlemen. Sticky. Last night was just the same. My kiwi friend Felicity has come back over for another stint in London and I cooked her dinner (NB: I didn’t realise how much I wanted a friend called Felicity until she walked into my life. Felicity. Even just saying it makes me feel a little cooler) and we chewed some serious fat. There’s nothing puts your life into perspective like summing up the last three years over a steaming plate of pasta on one of the warmest nights of the year. Here’s three things you never knew about Felicity:
1. Her ex boyfriend doesn’t like kissing. Kissing. That’s like hating kittens.
2. She didn’t wear dresses or skirts for four years because someone once teased her about her manly calves.
3. She is one of the prettiest girls I know. She’s pretty like someone shaking you really hard. And funny. Funnier than you or I. Well, funnier than you. She must have done something really good in a past life, s’all I’m saying.
Things Felicity never knew about me:
1. After swimming 30 minutes, five times a week, I now have huge shoulders. My arms are still skinny and my stomach isn’t exactly rippling like a breeze on a lake, but I do look like I’m wearing one of those American Football shoulder pad thingies under my t-shirt.
2. I love garlic. Seriously, if I’m cooking for you expect to live like a leper for a few days afterwards.
3. I’m thinking of writing something big and book-like.
Strange what slips out when it’s so hot.